Saturday, May 10, 2014

That really happened

What a gorgeous day we had!!! It was a tad windy but considering the spring we've had we can't complain. 

We played and played outside. We rode bikes, play with chalk, went for a walk, and even played at the park with Owen and Angie. 




Mya helped with yard work.  This is how you keep a 2 year old and a dog both busy for an hour.  First let the wind blow branches and sticks all around the yard. Don't pick them up for a few days so there is a ton of them out there. Next tell your 2 year old to see how many sticks she can pick up and put in the pit. 

Here's the sneaky part. Get a crazy dog that thinks everything in the pit is fair game. 

Yep, she put them in and Emmie tracked behind her and dragged them all out. :)

Then a funny thing happened as I basked  in the sunshine, scanning titles to books I might want to read this summer on my kindle. And when I say "funny" I'm being sarcastic. 
As any parent does, I had one eye on my kindle and the other on the game of pick up sticks they were having. Mya was babbling to Emmie and I was for the most part listening. I heard her several times shout "dog poop mom." (A fun game from a few weeks ago when I was on dog poo duty and she helped me seek the piles)
I ignored it for a while because she seemed to be dodging the piles in her stick hunt, but then her shouts got louder, "MOM, dog poop." "MOOOM"

Finally I said, "Yes Mya, we'll pick them up later." And that was the end of it.  

Ooh a new book by Sandra Brown? That will be a perfect summer read. I have to remember this one. And before I know it, there is Mya standing next to me, dog poo in hand, "Here you go Mama."

Perfect.  Simply perfect.  Ha. 










No comments: