Wednesday, February 26, 2014

WHERE is spring???

So, it's official. We've had the longest, coldest winter on record. Ever.  EVER.  We've broken all kinds of records and the weather channel can't stop talking about it. Everywhere you go, people are mumbling and grumbling about the cold.  I on the other hand haven't really been bothered to much by it besides the obvious annoyances.  Putting on 12 1/2 layers of clothes to go get the mail and  having a toddler cooped up for week after week.  But finally it hit me. I finally realized I'm sick and tired of this weather!


You know when you're in the bedroom folding clothes and you overhear the conversation being had by your husband and toddler in the kitchen?
The one where she says, "Aposos. Daddy, aposos." 
And he says, "What?" and she repeats, "Aposos, more aposos."
Again, "What?" 
"Daaaaaaaaaaaad appppooosoooos. APOSOS!!!" (clearly frustrated)
"Mya, I have no idea what you're saying."
She begins to cry.


And then out of nowhere, I yell from across the house, "FOR GOODNESS SAKE, SHE WANTS MORE APPLE SAUCE."


That is the exact moment I realized I've had enough winter. We've been cooped up for too long. We need a vacation. Or Spring.  I'll take either.





No comments: