Time for a little wrap up of the last year. How can it be over a year already?!
Here are a few things I've written down over the months. I've finally compiled them all to one spot so I can go back and remind myself of them when I need to.
5 ways Mya has surprised me in the last year
1. The first time she smiled.
2. The first time she pooped in the tub.
3. How quickly she learned and trusted that Emmie Lou was her friend.
4. That she didn't roll, crawl, walk, or talk when the book said she would. And she survived. :)
5. How fast she learns and repeats us now that she's a little older.
5 things they say you need, but you don't
1. A dust ruffle
2. A wipe warmer
3. Newborn shoes
4. Changing table - (as in the specific piece of furniture)
5. Bottle sanitizer
5 things we couldn't have survived without:
1. Swaddle blankets
2. Nuk clip
3. Night light
4. Humidifier
5. Bouncy Chair
5 things Mya hates
1. Water in her face. This makes bath time fun.
2. Waiting for food/milk/snack
3. Wiping face clean
4. Suctioning the gunk out of her nose when sick
5. The vacuum
5 things Mya loves
1. Being outside
2. Laughing at everything
3. Riding her John Deere
4. Throwing away her own diaper
5. Riding in/on anything. ie) bike cart, coupe car, four-wheeler, lawn mower, tractor.
5 things I wish I knew about babies before I had one
1. You can read every book out there and sometimes, it just doesn't answer your question.
2. A 10 min. trip for milk is now a 35 min. race to get bundled, packed & back before feeding time again.
3. It would take me almost a YEAR to feel like myself again. Somehow all the new versions of me (ie the mess cleaner-upper, the night watchman, the nurse, the librarian, the cook, the playmate, the human trampoline, and the cow) all seemed to get in the way of the me time. Set aside some time for that!
4. Everyone told me breastfeeding was the bomb. "It's so good for you and the baby. It will help you shed those extra baby pounds. You'll save money on formula. You'll create a bond that nobody else can." And all of that was true, but not ONE SINGLE person told me that it would hurt. Bad. I mean really bad. Ouchie. Enough said.
5. You can survive on a lot less sleep then you thought.
5 unexpected ways being a mom has changed me
1. My idea of a perfect Friday night now involves a glass of wine, my cozy sweats, and playing on the floor with Mya. Or, now that it's warm outside- A tank top, a patio chair, and a few yard toys.
2. I plan soOOOoo far in advance. A sale on boots? Ok, she should fit into those the winter she is 3.
3. I still have an extremely sensitive post pregnancy sense of smell. Dirty diaper? No, that's just the trash can...the outside one....around the side of the house....really, it's that intense.
4. Now that I can actually sleep through the night...I can't actually sleep through the night. I still need to check on her.
5. Never before have a I realized how far I can let myself go and be ok with it! :) Still in my pjs at noon? So what.
Learned a lot in the first year, but wouldn't change a thing. I love this little bug. xo

No comments:
Post a Comment