Sunday, January 22, 2012

24 Weeks

After a long weekend of working in the basement, Gary and I are finally snuggled in front of the fire relaxing and doing a little online shopping. Gary is nearly finished framing up the living area down there; up next--electrical.  

I have been stressing for a few weeks about baby furniture because we can't move the bedroom set (bed, dresser, desk, computer, bookshelf) out of the baby's room until we have room in the basement to put it. We won't have room in the basement until Gary is done working. At this point, I don't care if it's all done, I just want the stuff cleaned up and out the way so I can start working on the baby's room. :(

As far as baby furniture, I couldn't find anything that I really liked, except stuff that was WAY overpriced. I finally found a nice crib and dresser that will work and ordered them today. I feel a little better knowing we at least have it ordered....even if we won't be able to set it all up when it comes. Now I have to decide what color to paint. Suggestions?

Conversation I just had with Gary....

G: "So when is the dresser going to get here?"
Me: "I think within two weeks."
G: "Oh, so my package is going to get here first."
Me: "What did you order?"
G: "Just some stuff we need." (smirk)
Me: "Oh? What do we need......?"
G: "Nothing, just stuff we need."
Me: "What is that? Some kind of hunting thing?"
G: "I just bought some diapers and wipes...we should be stocking up on that stuff."
Me: (holding back laughter) "Really, well what kind of deal did you get? because I've been researching."
G: "Me too, I looked at every website and got the lowest price. And they are shipping it here free. I got X amt of size one, because they aren't in those long, but then I got the next size bigger too. And there was free wipes and cream and something else that came with it."

Well, he must have really sensed my stress. I'm glad he's trying to be helpful. :)
OK.....This is a TERRIBLE picture of me, but I'm trying to get better at taking pictures. So here is 6 months....Keep in mind this is going on no shower and working in the basement & cooking/cleaning all day.  :)





No comments: