Saturday, December 10, 2011

Holiday Treats

Today I did some baking for the holidays. I also have to take a snack to Gary's family Christmas party and thought these would be fun for the kids.....and SO easy to make!






Santa / Snowman Nutter Butter Cookies!

-One pkg Nutter Butter Cookies
-White baking chocolate, melted
-Mini marshmellows (cut in half)
-Mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
-Mini M & M's
-Red decorating sugar
-Black decorating icing (for snowmen only)


Directions: Melt white baking chocolate in double boiler or microwave. I find that microwaving on Defrost for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between, is the fastest and easiest. Dip cookie into chocolate on both ends and put on wax paper. (I was out so I used tin foil). Before chocolate hardens, sprinkle sugar and place marshmellow on hat. Let chocolate harden. Use a toothpick to dot 3 small globs of chocolate and immediately put on mini chocolate chip eyes and M&M nose. Yum!
For Snowmen cookies, use black frosting to dot eyes and mouth!




Reindeer Cupcakes
-White/Yellow box cake (and eggs / water / oil to go along with it)
-Chocolate frosting
-Nilla waffer cookies
-Pretzels
-M & M's
-Black decorating frosting




Happy Baking!!

3 comments:

The Kotaks said...

Very cute cookies! I will have to try these. :). Very much looking forward to seeing photos of you... When you're ready. ;) hehehee

Ashley said...

Thanks Kelly! I'm also looking forward to more pictures of your family! Hope all is well and Happy Holidays!

Nat said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! and now I want a cookie. My son wants to make some this weekend. These look so easy yet so festive. I may try the cupcakes those look so cute.