Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

What a great way to kick off summer. Gary and I were busy as ever, but had a wonderful time enjoying the long weekend and mini vacation from work.
Gary was in a weekend long softball tournament in Oconto Falls. So between that and our never ending yard projects, the weekend flew.

Among our many projects, this weekend we worked on our second flower bed. We pushed around the dirt and formed the shape so we can start building the rock border. The first bed was a ton of work, so I wasn't looking forward to starting this one so soon, but I'm glad we have the general shape of it done. I don't think we'll be planting it anytime soon, if at all this year. We also planted 3 cedar trees to hide the fire hydrant in the north corner. I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out!

Sunday night we also enjoyed our first bon-fire of the season! There is just something awesome about sitting outside and watching the wood crackle. I can't wait for more warm days to come!

Happy Memorial Day!!!!

A picture of our GIANT tulips! Thanks to Mom and Grandma for helping me plant these last fall!

No comments: