Ok, here is how it all happened.......
I had to work late on a Friday because it was month end and Gary had that Friday off. He told me he was going to make dinner for us in celebration of our anniversary the next day. We planned on having it a day early because he had plans on our actual anniversary to go to a hunting banquet with my dad and cousin! I know, how romantic. But honestly it didn't bother me too much because we were still doing something together on Friday.
So on his day off, he was at my parents house finishing a project he had started for them. (They are currently remodeling.) He kept calling and texting me while I was trying to work, and frankly, I was getting annoyed. Finally at like 6pm I told him I was done and leaving work. GET THIS: he asks me to stop at the store to pick up something he needed for dinner!! I was so mad. He had the day off and told me he'd have dinner ready and then he pulls this?! I just gritted my teeth and said ok because it was better then getting in a fight about it. So while I was on my way home he calls and says, "Actually, I'm just leaving your parent's house I'll just stop at the store on my way home." I was relieved and said, sounds good to me. Why was he being so weird today?! (Later I found out that he was trying to stall me because he hadn't asked my dad yet. And this was the one day my dad happened to be home late from work. So Gary was freaking out because his plans were falling apart.)
So I stopped at home and changed out of my work clothes before heading over to his house. Before I left though, he called and said he forgot to get butter and could I please bring some over. So I grabbed a stick and flew out the door. While I was driving to his house I was doing a million little things in the car...only half paying attention. When I stopped at the stop sign the butter flew off the seat and landed on the floor. So I reached over and tryed to pick it up, while driving, while trying to answer my phone, etc. All of a sudden I half hear the radio guy say and coming up next a song for Ashley from ______. I was like what the hell?? So I listened and it was a really crappy song.... But by the days events I'm really suspicious about what's going on. He is just being strange.
Well I get to his house and ask him about the radio thing. He says he has no idea what I'm talking about, and it turns out, he's telling the truth. What a weird coinsidence, especially since we are from a town of less than 3 thousand people.....too strange. But it really got me thinking....
So he's cooking dinner and I'm drinking my wine. And he's being all giddy and excited and I just knew something was up. Then he asked if I would go downstairs so he could give me my present while the steaks were grilling. Well we go down there and he's like sit on the bed, I have something for you. So I sit down and he says something like, "I wrote you this letter to let you know how much I love you." So I start reading it and get close to the bottom and he gets down on one knee. Now I'm shaking and have no idea what the letter is saying......My eyes were all blurry and all I could focus on was the "P.S." at the bottom of the page. But that was it, just a "P.S." I looked up at him and he had the ring box open and said, "p.s. will you marry me..."
Awwe, it was so romantic. I of course said yes and started crying.......
The rest is history....
No comments:
Post a Comment